Length: 8-10 Hours
The PEC Basic Orientation safety awareness course includes both SafeGulf and SafeLandUSA. PEC Basic was designed to take the place of multiple Operator orientations and to give each student a general idea of life and safety issues in the oil and gas industry, upstream, downstream, onshore or offshore. This one-day program meets API RP 75 & API RP T-1 requirements and provides a basic understanding at an awareness level of certain general safety information that an employee should know before entering a company facility and while performing their assigned work duties. Over 25 of the leading oil and gas operators accept this orientation as it meets their requirements. Upon successful completion of course, each student is issued a picture ID with a unique barcode. The student information is then stored in an online database. This orientation has become the standard program for the industry and certifies a student at awareness level for the following:
- SafeGulf Certification
- SafeLand Certification
- Confined Space
- Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S)
- Fall Protection
- Hazmat (HM 126)
- Hazardous communications
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Hearing Conservation
- Emergency Response
- Process Safety Management
- Welding Safety
- Defensive Driving
- Hazwoper (Oper.)
- Fire Protection
- Medical Records
- Forklift Safety
- Respiratory Protection
- Electrical Safety
- Terrorism Response Awareness Program (TRAP)
- Back Safety
- Alcohol and substance abuse awareness
- Offshore Transportation (Departure, Helicopter, Boat, Arrival, etc.)
- Offshore Safety (Swing Ropes / Personnel Baskets, Water Safety, etc.)
- To prepare the student to know what types of additional training they will need in order to work for the various operators at both onshore and offshore facilities.
- To create a mind set in each student that will help them to play an active role in the safety program at their work facility.
- To explain to each student the value of asking questions when they do not understand a certain aspect of their job.
- To ensure that each employee that has completed this program has an identification card indicating that they have completed the course.
An essential course for any employee that is new to the O&G and Petrochem industry that will consistently be working in plant, dockside, onshore or offshore facilities. This is required for any employee of a company that does exploration, production, drilling and/or refining work for any of the leading operators.
There are no prerequisites for this course.